Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

VMware Player, a PC within a PC..

I came across an interesting piece of software the other day. 'VMware player' lets you install a 'virtual machine' on to your computer. Then it enables you to install other operating systems like, Windows XP, any Linux distro, and many others. These are installed on to your new 'virtual machine' (just looks like a window on your desktop).

I found this gem whilst looking for a way to run  Windows XP IN Windows7! Microsoft only provide this luxury if you've splashed out on Win7 Ultimate, Pro or Enterprise! I have the 'Home Premium' version, Grrr.

This really is quite easy to set up and it works and it's FREE!

Check it out... VMware Player

I should mention that there was a practical reason for me wanting such a thing, I needed to run and old XP program that wouldn't work in Win7... problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment